Caffeine in Coffee is Not All Harmful
In today’s world, where people carry so much stress in their minds, it is very difficult to survive without stimulants. Tea, sodas, and coffee are some popular drinks that most people consume daily. Have you ever thought of the reason behind this consumption?
Each of these beverages has a chemical named 1,3,7 trimethyl xanthine which is commonly known as caffeine. This particular chemical helps in boosting stamina, focusing better and providing relief from headaches. Soda and tea do not have much of this chemical in it; however, caffeine in coffee is present in ample quantities that can energize your entire day.
Recommended Dosage of Caffeine
Studies show that the dosage of caffeine in coffee for a normal adult should be a maximum of 400 mg per day. This was said after finding out that:
- One soda drink has 50 mg of this chemical
- One cup of tea has approximately 70 mg of caffeine
- Caffeine in coffee is about 100 mg in one cup
Consuming 3-4 cups of coffee daily reduces aging as well as works well for the functioning of your body.
Cons of Consuming Too Much Caffeine
- Too much intake of this chemical can increase your blood pressure.
- It can cause mood swings when you are craving for caffeine and you are not able to find it.
- Excessive caffeine intake can cause constipation and other digestion related issues too.
- More than 400 mg per day consumption of this compound can cause insomnia.
Some Interesting Facts About The ‘Mood Altering Drug’
- It is disbelief that dark roasted coffee beans have a high amount of caffeine. Actually, it is the other way around, light or mild dark roasted coffee beans contain a greater amount of this chemical.
- Kaffee is the original German word for caffeine.
- Many people suffer from caffeine sensitivity and studies have proven that this kind of sensitivity is genetic.
- Bees consume caffeine very often because certain plants have a mild amount of this compound present in them; hence, bees have a very good memory.
- In order to beat stress and tiredness, soldiers used to carry tablets of caffeine during the first World War.
- Almost 90% of people around the world consume caffeine in some form or the other.
- The effect of caffeine in coffee lasts for 8-14 hours and causes excess urination as well.
- Consuming coffee before a power nap increases attention and focus, as well as gives you an awesome 15-minute sleep.
- Four common words (kola, coffee, tea, and cacao) that are used around the globe are based on the name of this chemical.
- Coke initially has as much caffeine in it as Red Bull.
- One cup of Starbucks and Deathwish coffee has more caffeine than any energy drink.
- Caffeine is one of the best cures for a hangover and is being used in medical drugs in order to help people get rid of the hangover headache.
One of the biggest myths about caffeine in coffee is that it is addictive. Science has proven that this chemical does not cause addiction; however, if consumed with tobacco and nicotine, then it can create another compound that one can get addicted to. Just remember: there’s nothing wrong with consuming the appropriate amount of caffeine in coffee!