A cake, which is intended to be eaten with coffee or simply has the flavor of coffee, is called coffee cake. In the late 16th century, the first coffee houses followed a tradition to take a break with coffee, and from here, the concept of coffee WITH a snack began.
Most coffee cakes are prepared with brewed coffee and added flavors. Some coffee cakes even have spices in them.
Why Is It Called Coffee Cake?
It is easy to make a cake or even a donut that tastes good with coffee; however, it does not have to contain coffee in it. People add butter, walnuts, cream, and icing in it as well. Coffee cake is a kind of dessert that is quicker to make than a traditional cake. All you need to do is mix and bake.
Varieties of This Amazing Coffee Cake Dessert
- American coffee cake- American coffee cake contains flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon granules on top. Sour cream is an ingredient of use in many known American coffee cakes.
- Arany Galuska- Coffee cakes found in Hungary consisting of a combination of walnut and cinnamon.
- Apple coffee cake- The main ingredients of this cake that add also to its moisture are apples and raisins. It’s low in calories and fat, unlike most coffee cakes. This way you don’t have to think about gaining weight!
- Blueberry coffee cake- The main ingredients of this cake are flour, blueberry, butter, and sugar. It has a juicy and plump taste. This serves as a multipurpose dessert that can be consumed during brunch, as well.
- Lemon rosemary cake – With a hint of fresh rosemary mixed with lemon, this coffee cake leaves an everlasting sweet and sour taste in your mouth. Its moist cake bottom that sits below the perfectly gooey butter tart topping is heavenly.
- Chocolate raspberry mousse torte- The base of this cake is consists of chocolate coffee and topped with a bittersweet chocolate ganache glaze.
- Cinnamon and pecan coffee cake- This buttery cinnamon cake with pecan topping (sometimes smeared in maple) has the sweetest taste ever.
- Raspberry ricotta buckle- With a layer of raspberry fruit in the middle and ricotta cheese, you can further add any other desired fruit.
- British coffee cake- As the name suggests, this delicious coffee cake contains instant coffee with other ingredients.
Treat yourself and your loved ones by preparing some of the delicious recipes of a coffee cake served with an amazing brewed coffee!